An independent report commissioned by the Government found FENSA to be the most successful of all competent person schemes to date in the UK, across all industries. FENSA is the brand trusted by consumers, Local Authorities, industry and Government. FENSA is the industry standard for replacement window and door installers self-certifying compliance with the building regulations.
Here is why you should look for the FENSA logo when having replacement windows and doors fitted in your property:
Save time and cost
- You do not have to register your window or door installation with the local authority yourself. Not only is the FENSA approach much faster and easier – it is likely to save you hundreds of pounds
- Compliance with the Building Regulations without the added cost and time of arranging assessment by Building Control
- If you own properties across different local authorities – for consistency of quality and price, you are able to use the same FENSA installer for all installations, as they can work in all Local Authority jurisdictions
Confidence in FENSA installers
- FENSA is the brand trusted by consumers, Local Authorities, industry and Government.
- An independent report commissioned by the Government found FENSA to be the most successful of all competent person schemes to date in the UK, across all industries.
- Vetting: All FENSA registered companies are continually re-assessed by an independent inspection body to ensure consistency of Building Regulations adherence and service.
- Nearly 9000 companies nationwide have joined FENSA which include glazing companies, builders, national and smaller home improvements companies, local authorities, housing associations, property developers. If all these companies trust and use FENSA, consumers can too. If all these companies trust FENSA, homeowners can too.
- FENSA does not demand any specific brand of insurance from its installers – homeowners and installers have freedom of choice over insurance providers whose policies are underwritten by ‘different’ insurance companies (FENSA is not insurance-led)
- FENSA proactively protects consumers from the cowboys – not only by withholding the scheme from those unable to pass FENSA’s independent assessments; but also by reporting to Local Authorities and Trading Standards companies who erroneously claim FENSA registration, to enable prosecution.
- Customers are able to provide a rating score for installers on the feedback form.
All notifiable work carried out by a FENSA installer must offer:
For all replacement window and door installations that are notifiable to FENSA (click here to find out which types of installations fall under FENSA’s remit), FENSA Registered Businesses are required to have in place for their customers the categories of insurance stated below. It is a government requirement that companies must have certain insurance policies in place where applicable.
Deposit Protection: If FENSA Registered Businesses take deposits in advance of installations, they must give some form of deposit indemnity. Deposits may be guaranteed by, for example, trade association Deposit Indemnity schemes, or credit card protection. Guarantee or Warranty: FENSA Registered Businesses must give a guarantee or warranty covering the cost of completing rectification work in respect of defects for a period of ten years.
Deposit Protection can be provided by a range of insurance providers. FENSA provides an ‘approved’ list of already vetted insurers that FENSA Registered Businesses must use.
FENSA Building Regulations Certificate:
- This will be sent by FENSA directly to you to demonstrate compliance, important in the event you need to sell your house.
- If you have lost your FENSA certificate, it is quick and simple to re-order online by clicking here
Requests for further information:
Should you require further information about the FENSA scheme which you cannot find on this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7645 3700.